REGULATIONS CONCERNING STUDENTS’CONDUCT:
1. A student is required to attend all lectures, tutorials, and practical classes.
2. Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the college campus.
3. Exhibition or introduction of any political party-emblem in the college premises is forbidden. Disciplinary action will be taken against a student resorting to such acts.
4. Disciplinary action will also be taken against any student resorting to acts calculated to cause public nuisance, disturbance of public peace, law and order.
5. Any of the following acts by a student shall be considered as a major breach of discipline:
(i) Habitual unpunctuality
(ii) Any form of immoral act
(iii) Use of intoxicants, drugs etc. in the college premises or in any of the attached hostels.
(iv) Resorting to violence of any kind.
REGULATIONS GOVERNING ALL THE COURSES IN THE COLLEGE:
1. A student shall not be allowed to appear in the Higher Secondary/Degree Final Examination a a regular candidate if she/he has not attended a minimum of 75% of the lectures delivered in eacl subject. As per the decision of the Governing Body, Morigaon College, students with attendanc less than 75% and above 65% will be required to get casual admission for appearing in the final examination.
2. A student with attendance less than 65% is not eligible to appear in the Final Examination. Such student shall be considered as discollegiate. Under no circumstances shall a discollegiate candidate be allowed to appear in the Final Examination.
3. Student shall not be allowed to take Degree Final (Part I/Part II/Part III) Examination unless selected through the Test Examination conducted by the college every year.
4. For continuous evaluation of the performance of the students, the college conducts Unit Tests and Terminal Examination:
(i) One Terminal Examination carrying 100 marks in each paper is conducted before Puja Vacation.
(ii) For TDC III year (Major) students, a total of 10 Unit Tests are held in a particular academic session. The Unit Tests, of 40 marks each and 90 minutes duration are held every 2nd and 4th week of a particular month.
(iii) For TDC 1st year (Maj or) and TDC II year (Maj or) students, a total of 10 Unit Tests are held in a particular academic session. The unit tests, of 20 marks each and 45 minutes duration are held every 2nd and 4th week of a month.
(iv) A student who fails to appear in 3 consecutive Unit Tests will not be allowed to appear in the Test Examination.
(v) No student will be allowed to appear in the Final Examination if s/he fails in the Test Examination.
(vi) 20% marks of the Unit Test and 30% marks of the Terminal Examination will be taken into account for evaluation of the marks of the Test Examination.
(vii) Two Unit Tests are conducted each for HS 1st year, HSII year, TDC 1st year (General), TDC II year (General), TDC III year (General) students in an academic session.